Workmen’s Compensation for Domestic Workers
- Temporary total disablement
- Permanent disablement lump sum
- Permanent disablement pension
- Funeral expenses and benefits
- Widow/widower’s pension award
- Child pension award
- Partial/wholly dependency award
Other rehabilitation and medical benefits are also available to qualifying emplees.
Registration as an employer
- A completed online application for domestic workers
- A copy of the Identification Document/Passport/Work Permit for the employee(s)
- A copy of the employee’s contract
- Proof of employer’s residential address
- A copy of the Identification Document/Passport/Work Permit for the employer
In terms of the new classification model introduced on 1 March 2021, domestic employers fall under their own class, Class M with subclass 2500 at an assessment rate of 1.04% for the 2021 year on wards.
Registration on the Online portal for the purpose of submitting ROE
Employers will be able to register as online users on the Department of Labour’s online portal at www.labour.gov.za and navigate to Online Services, select ROE Online or cfonline.labour.gov.za. There will be no need to re-register should employers have an existing profile with the Department of Labour’s online platform.
Submission of the annual Return of Earnings (ROE)
Landline (087 802 7811)
Make it Possible
Engage with us to professionally take care of your accounting, tax and administrative requirements. Partner with us to bring your business to life and make it the best it can be.