Omne Advisory (Pty) Ltd t/a Omne
- Omne Advisory (Pty) Ltd t/a Omne refers to ‘us’, ‘we’, ‘our’.
- ‘You’ and ‘your’ refers to you, the Client.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
2.1 Directly from your input
- Providing your Personal Information in the Client Details Form when you engage us to provide services;
- Through electronic mail (“email”);
- The ‘Contact Us’ or ‘Subscribe Now’ facilities on our Website;
- When you leave a comment or message which includes Personal Information on our Facebook or Linkedin pages; and
- Digital surveys that we may conduct from time to time.
2.2 Information from other sources
We may collect information about you that is publicly or commercially available, including but not limited, from:
- The Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC); and
- Third parties (with your consent).
3. TYPE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Personal details (name, surname, identity number, nationality, current city of residence, passport number [for non-South African residents] income tax number and marital status);
- Contact details (phone number, mobile number, email address and residential address);
- Employment details (employer name, current position / job title, highest qualification, curriculum vitae and current salary range);
- Economic or financial information (details of income, financial statements, bank statements and investment information);
- Company details (company registration number, VAT number, director / members names and their personal contact details);
- Trust details (trust deed number, letter of authority, trustee names and their personal contact details, beneficiary names and their personal details).
4. HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
- To provide you with services as agreed upon;
- To issue invoices and collect payment for services provided to you;
- To send relevant and appropriate electronic correspondence to you;
- To send newsletters to you relevant to the services we offer (You can choose to opt out by selecting the ‘unsubscribe’ function contained in our electronic communications);
- Confirming, verifying and updating your information;
- For statutory and compliance purposes;
- From time to time, we may gather opinions and feedback from you through surveys;
- For audit and record keeping purposes;
- For third parties, where you have provided consent for us to share your information; and
- Other parties in response to legal processes.
5. SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIE
6. RETENTION OF DATA
7. DATA STORAGE AND SECURITY
We use an enterprise-grade Firewall to protect our network. This Firewall is a network security solution that protects our network from unwanted traffic. The Firewall blocks incoming attacks and monitors outbound traffic, and it is also used to manage Virtual Private Network (VPN) access.
Two Factor Authentication (2FA) is enabled on all the Microsoft Office 365 accounts we use
Data is backed up to an onsite Synology NAS (Network Attached Storage), located with our IT Service Provider, this is an intelligent storage device connected to our office network. We store all server and Microsoft Office backups onto the NAS and backups are run daily.
No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be one hundred percent secure at all times. Although we use reasonable endeavours to ensure the integrity, security and confidentiality of Personal Information submitted and / or obtained from you, we cannot be held responsible for security breaches occurring in relation to the personal technology devices of users, such as, but not limited to, personal computers, tablets and mobile phones due to the lack of adequate virus protection and / or spyware.
In addition to the above, subject to the provisions of POPIA and related legislation, we will not be held liable under any circumstances if Personal Information shared by yourself, in the manner as is contemplated herein but which takes place at your own risk, is compromised, disseminated or otherwise disclosed through conduct outside our reasonable control, for example by means of hacking, infection by viruses, trojan horses or any other computer programming routines or software that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or Personal Information.
While we cannot prevent all security threats or ensure and/or warrant the security of any Personal Information you provide us, we will continue to maintain and improve these security measures over time in line with legal and technological developments and will let you know of any breaches which affect your Personal Information.
We have non-disclosure agreements in place with all our Employees, and all Employees are obliged to maintain client confidentiality.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to know what Personal Information we have about you, to correct it and to opt-out of any direct marketing.
In addition to the above, you have the right to:
- ask what Personal Information we hold about you; ask what Personal Information was sent to our supplier, service providers or any third party;
- ask us to update, correct or delete any out-of-date or incorrect Personal Information we hold about you;
- unsubscribe from any direct marketing communications we may send you; and / or
- object to the processing of your Personal information.
We will endeavor to respond to any such requests as soon as is reasonably practicable.
If you want us to delete all Personal Information we have about you, you will probably have to terminate all agreements you have with us. We cannot maintain our relationship with you or provide services to you without having some of your Personal Information.
We can refuse to delete your information if we are required by law to retain it or if we need to protect our rights.